| Etusivu | Foorumi | Galleria | Bimmerparty |  

Go Back   BTCF Forum > Muu keskustelu > International

Old 14-07-2017, 12:50   #11
Dualfun

Cheers friend and welcome to Finland!

You can find our local Uusimaa area in the forums here:
http://www.btcf.fi/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69
This is where all local chat takes place.

Also a good opportunity is to meet some local BMW scene friends every second Wednesday at our regular "coffee and chat" meeting at Haaga Shell:
http://www.btcf.fi/forum/showthread.php?t=362628
Could be very silent now during heart of our super short summer time, but will definitely have some 10 odd members again for a simple social gathering we move to August again!
E28
///M535i '87 zinnoberrot
½ E46 316ti Compact
///M-Sport '04 imolarot2
½ E36
///M3 '93 individual veilchenblau metallic
Muut talouden vehkeet: E36 320i Cabrio ///M-Sport '98, F60 Cooper ALL4 Countryman '17, retromopedeja
Ex: E46 330i ///M-Sport II '02, E39 528i Touring '98, E21 318i '81, E28 ///M535i '86, E28 518i '86, E30 316 '84
Vikakoodien lukua ja diagnosointia, koodaukset, myös vanhemmat, vm 87-13, yht.otot yksityisviestillä.
Dualfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 21:34   #12
Harri G

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegin View Post
Well for example my 2007 325i Coupe cost me £5000 (~€5600) with 75k miles (~120k km) on the clock. I've had a look and seems similar models in Finland are twice that cost at €12k
My insurance is around £700 (~€790) a year at the moment. On top of that we pay road tax which for my 2.5l is £250 (~€282) a year. I wonder how this compares to car running costs over in Finland?
About insurances. Prices vary a lot between insurance companies. First of all you need to have mandatory basic insurance. That can be at range of 600-800 EUR without any bonuses. Bonuses are based on your personal driving history, i.e. no crashes, bonus goes up. Full bonus is 70-80% decreased from insurance price. Basic insurance only covers damages to opposite vehicle. On top of this you might want to have a partial coverage (osakasko) or full coverage insurance (täyskasko). These can double the insurance bill. However I suggest strongly to ask offer from all major insurance companies since prices may vary a lot.

About yearly car tax. From 2001 onwards registered cars it is calculated based on emissions. As 325i is not very green, the amount is what presented earlier, 360 EUR. Before 2001 registered cars are billed based on total mass, and thus old M5 or 750iL might be as expensive as as 325i even though emissions are way over.
M: Täydellinen for sale -topik
Harri G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 19:04   #13
olegin
Newbiemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualfun View Post
Cheers friend and welcome to Finland!

You can find our local Uusimaa area in the forums here:
http://www.btcf.fi/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69
This is where all local chat takes place.

Also a good opportunity is to meet some local BMW scene friends every second Wednesday at our regular "coffee and chat" meeting at Haaga Shell:
http://www.btcf.fi/forum/showthread.php?t=362628
Could be very silent now during heart of our super short summer time, but will definitely have some 10 odd members again for a simple social gathering we move to August again!
Nice one, thanks for the welcome and the links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri G View Post
About insurances. Prices vary a lot between insurance companies. First of all you need to have mandatory basic insurance. That can be at range of 600-800 EUR without any bonuses. Bonuses are based on your personal driving history, i.e. no crashes, bonus goes up. Full bonus is 70-80% decreased from insurance price. Basic insurance only covers damages to opposite vehicle. On top of this you might want to have a partial coverage (osakasko) or full coverage insurance (täyskasko). These can double the insurance bill. However I suggest strongly to ask offer from all major insurance companies since prices may vary a lot.

About yearly car tax. From 2001 onwards registered cars it is calculated based on emissions. As 325i is not very green, the amount is what presented earlier, 360 EUR. Before 2001 registered cars are billed based on total mass, and thus old M5 or 750iL might be as expensive as as 325i even though emissions are way over.
Thanks for the info, great stuff. Do you have price comparison websites for car insurance over there where a single sites searches multiple companies?
I have 5 years no claims bonus from the UK so ideally I'd try to find a company which would honor those years. I know some companies would not accept those as they're from abroad but I know here some companies do accept these from other EU nations.
olegin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 21:24   #14
Harri G

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegin View Post
Thanks for the info, great stuff. Do you have price comparison websites for car insurance over there where a single sites searches multiple companies?
I have 5 years no claims bonus from the UK so ideally I'd try to find a company which would honor those years. I know some companies would not accept those as they're from abroad but I know here some companies do accept these from other EU nations.
I am afraid there is no such search engine for insurances. Car insurance price depends on such many things such as your age, postal code (urban or countryside), engine size, registration year etc. And because your bonus background from another EU country it gets even more complicated. Sorry to say but might be best to visit physically major insurance companies such as Pohjola, IF, Lähi-Tapiola, Fennia, Folksam.

Changing insurance company is a hell in Finland. Everything depends on everything. It is very time consuming to calculate it all out for comparison.

Whatever assistance you need, just ask. Folks at this site will help you in all cases
M: Täydellinen for sale -topik
Harri G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 08:13   #15
Macke
Bimmer Fanatic

Biggest factor in basic traffic insurance cost is how much the particular car has been crashed here in Finland. This is at least how it used to be, and thanks to this fact the insurance on my 5.0 GT Mustang was way cheaper than on a 900 Saab. This might have changed over the years, but I doubt it as the traffic insurance on my old 1.9TD T4 Transporter is really high compared to the other cars in our family.

One thing to consider is unholy alliances of insurance companies + banks. You get better deals if you've got your banking and insurances from the same company. For example OP (osuuspankki) and Pohjola are in bed and I believe LähiTapiola + S-Pankki got the same kind of juju going on.

Changing the insurance company is easy peasy, comparing the prices might not be
Macke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 12:59   #16
olegin
Newbiemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri G View Post
I am afraid there is no such search engine for insurances. Car insurance price depends on such many things such as your age, postal code (urban or countryside), engine size, registration year etc. And because your bonus background from another EU country it gets even more complicated. Sorry to say but might be best to visit physically major insurance companies such as Pohjola, IF, Lähi-Tapiola, Fennia, Folksam.

Changing insurance company is a hell in Finland. Everything depends on everything. It is very time consuming to calculate it all out for comparison.

Whatever assistance you need, just ask. Folks at this site will help you in all cases
Thanks for those companies, that will be a good start one day.

Of course insurance depends on many factors but we have several price comparison websites here in the UK which make getting insurance very easy and changing insurers to get a better quote yearly is common as it is easy to do it's not too much of a hassle.
Websites like this save so much time it's unreal! You fill in your information once and it gives you quotes from all the insurers that have agreed to be searched on.
Old 27-07-2017, 13:02   #17
olegin
Newbiemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke View Post
Biggest factor in basic traffic insurance cost is how much the particular car has been crashed here in Finland. This is at least how it used to be, and thanks to this fact the insurance on my 5.0 GT Mustang was way cheaper than on a 900 Saab. This might have changed over the years, but I doubt it as the traffic insurance on my old 1.9TD T4 Transporter is really high compared to the other cars in our family.

One thing to consider is unholy alliances of insurance companies + banks. You get better deals if you've got your banking and insurances from the same company. For example OP (osuuspankki) and Pohjola are in bed and I believe LähiTapiola + S-Pankki got the same kind of juju going on.

That is very surprising about the 5.0 GT!
Old 08-08-2017, 14:19   #18
jani
Bimmer Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke View Post
Comparison of traffic insurance is easy because everyone replaces the same, the price is only different different. Voluntary casualty insurance is a different matter.

And do not look at the rebates but the final price.

The most successful touring car ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2gU...layer_embedded
jani is offline   Reply With Quote